Friday, March 8, 2013

Explortion 9

Fresh in my opinion was a very good movie because unlike other movies trying to do the same thing, Fresh provides solutions and ends more on a positive note.  Fresh does point out the bad issues in our society's diet like obesity and the industrial animal farms but it also contrasts that negativity and provides the viewer with a felling of hope.  The movie shows people who do eat healthy and people who are helping others change their diets like Will Allen.  I believe the theme of the movie is that it is possible to change your diet and live healthy.  The evidence was most convincing for me was not when the speakers where giving facts but the visual evidence that the things they were talking about were true, like when they talked about the horrible conditions that the animals live in I could not relate or visualize that  so the picture really where the shock factor.  The only question I have for the movie is when will this movement really catch on and start to change the country? But only time will tell.
The movie provides so much great information like Michael Pollan saying, "local organic food does cost more but it is worth more."  I never thought of healthy food in that way, valuing the nutrients in part of the cost.  This will help me in the future to not just instantly buy the cheaper food but to invest in my health and buy the healthier choice because it will be worth it in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Some investments are better than others so I think this is something we all need to think about, and if we have the money I think it's something we should all invest in.

    ReplyDelete