Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Intro by Brandon Brown

I was born in Columbus, Ohio in 1993 and I've lived in central Ohio my entire life. I moved to Powell in 1999, when it was about half the size it is today. I've gone to Olentangy Schools since I was in kindergarten, went to high school at Olentangy Liberty. I love to play guitar, I have two electrics and one acoustic/electric. I tend to play anything from heavy metal, such as Metallica or Disturbed, but I also play much lighter stuff such as Led Zeppelin. I played football my freshman and senior years in high school, ran cross country my junior year, and ran track all four years. I love to watch football, baseball, and I used to love watching basketball when LeBron was in Cleveland. My favorite teams are Ohio State, the Cleveland Browns, the Cincinnati Reds and the Cleveland Cavaliers. I am also a fan of the Buffalo Sabres, but I really don't watch hockey too often.

When I was brainstorming my poem, the one thing that caught my eye was the sharing of an experience part. Recently I went on a trip to Destin, Florida where me and my two best friends had the best week of our lives. We are trying to make it an annual trip, and we can't stop thinking about it. Since it was on my mind, I picked it, and I decided to make as a tribute to both my friends, instead of picking just one. I was surprised by how quickly I wrote it (a little less than an hour), and that I didn't really have to make many changes. I didn't really know how it was gonna turn out, but I have done songwriting, so I figured it would be similar. I really wasn't gonna try to make it rhyme, but it just naturally came out like that. There is a lot of  inside stuff that only me and my friends my understand. Anyway, here it is:




Emerald green sea
White sand beach
The fun we had
That one great week

The three stooges
Troy once said
‘Cause we weren’t known
To use our heads

“What’s up Whataburger!”
And midnight pong
Volleyball girls
And Shaggy’s song

Ocean pissing
Away our cares
Two girls, a whale
And truth or dare

Young, dumb, drunk
We envy in vain
Now we’re too far
Away from our place

Everyday we’re closer
Six months to go
Wait like a stone
Since six months ago

Every time we meet
We cannot wait
To talk about Destin
A week so great

2 comments:

  1. I really like your poem especially the first two lines; Emerald green sea and White sand beach. Both of these lines have realy cool imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that,if you and your friends never used your heads, that would kind of make you the three stooges. As for your life, I can't completely see things the way you do. I used to live in Peoria, IL until about two years ago. All in all, though, you made a good blog.

    ReplyDelete