Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Intro Jenna Steward

Hello My name is Jenna Steward. My fun fact was I'm a Steeler's fan! I was born in Columbus Ohio and raised in Powell Ohio. I graduated from Olentangy High School in 2012. My plan is to major in phycology but more on the forensic side of it like studying serial killers or something!

While writing my poem i did have a little trouble. I actually wrote 2, i wrote one Saturday night about a friend of mine who passed away in July, he died of a drug overdose and i didn't want that to be said in the poem, if i wrote a poem about him i would want it to be a happy poem and I'm still kind of mad at him so it ended up being kind of mean so Sunday night when I'm about to type my paper i change my mind and wrote about my best friend who lives in Georgia we have been friends for about 7 years now, she moved there about 3 years ago but we still visit each other when we can!. This poem was pretty easy a lot easier then my first one. I'm no poet i can promise you that but i had some what fun doing this project. It brought back good memories.

My poem:



Best Friend
 You’re not fat! Were the first words I ever said to you
You were the first person to teach me everything I know about boys and dating and fashion
And so many more other things
You were truly my partner in crime, like sneaking out and stealing my mom’s car… then wrecking it.
then debating if we should play dead because we were that scarred of my mom.
We would fight and scream at the top of our lungs at each other than 5 minutes later start to laugh about how stupid we sound
You were the big sister I never had and best friend I could ever ask for
But we both grew up and went our separate ways, now you live in Georgia and getting your life started and I’m so proud about all the things you’ve done and accomplished  but not matter what you will always be the
Shrek to my Donkey
The shaggy to my scooby
The Timon to my Pumbaa
And the Cheech to my Chong

2 comments:

  1. Jenna,
    I love the end of your poem, it made me laugh! It was well written. Your major sounds really interesting and action packed.
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna, I also loved the ending to your poem. That was my favorite part. Overall your poem is well written and it's nice that you are in still close contact with your friend!

    ReplyDelete